We know that planning and managing conferences is not as easy as it seems. Thankfully, there are terrific tools available that can help conference organizers and event planners take the attendee experience to the next level.
Our staff picked our top five “cool tools” that will help you plan and run killer conferences.
- Trello: Trello is the business version of Pinterest. It lets you organize all your project notes, to-do lists and documents by creating and adding cards. Everyone can see the progression of the work and easily see what needs to be completed. Trello is free for an individual plan, and then a per user fee for teams and pro-features.
- Wunderlist: our team is obsessed with this app! We love its simplicity and design. You can create to-do lists on the fly and share them with members of your staff. The service also offers a business solution that synchronizes all your team’s communication in one place. Wunderlist is an excellent collaboration tool, it is intuitive and keeps your event planning life in sync.
- GuideBook: Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app for a conference in four easy steps — no technical skills required. Just choose from a gallery of mobile app templates, select your features, and fill it with content. Then publish in minutes to Google Play and the Apple App Store.
- Canva: If you don’t have an in-house design team to help with the graphics of your conference there is an easier way. Canva is a design service that allows you to create shareable graphics for social media, presentation, posters, and more. Canva also allows you to upload your band color, typeface so you are consistent with your organization’s branding guidelines, it also offers tutorials that go through design basics step by step.
- Calendly: We are partially biased but this Atlanta startup just gave my inbox life. Calendly is a meeting scheduler tool that connects to your outlook/google calendar, so setting up meetings with vendors and venues is a painless process. Once you sign up you will be provided a personalized booking link that you can share via email to invite people to view your availability and book time. When someone schedules a meeting, it will automatically be added to your calendar